Pure Peppermint Essential Oil
Botanical Name : Mentha piperita
Origin : United Kingdom
Extraction : Extracted from the whole plant by steam distillation
Scent : Fresh, sharp, menthol smell
Properties : Analgesic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antispasmodic, astringent, carminative, cholagogue, cordial, digestive, emmenagogue, expectorant, febrifuge, insecticide, nervine, sedative, stimulant, stomachic, vasoconstrictor, vermifuge
Peppermint is one of the oldest & most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion. This bright, invigorating oil is known to energize the body & mind with its cooling scent, thereby promoting mental clarity & alertness for enhanced ability to concentrate, especially when experiencing mental fog of jet lag. This clarifying effect is also said to help reduce congestion, to support digestive health in times of nausea & motion sensitivity. Its cooling effect also extends to the skin; when applied topically, peppermint oil can help ease discomfort in muscles joints & comfortably reduce the body temperature, making it ideal for use after a tiring day in the heat. Its fragrance is also known to have an uplifting and boosting effect on mood, especially during tense & demanding experiences.
Benefits & Uses :
- Improve indigestion/Flatulence/Diarrhoea – rub 4-6 drops in the palm and rub over the stomach & around naval to relieve indigestion, flatulence & diarrhoea
- Reduce inflammation(unbroken skin) – massage several drops on an area of injury or chronic inflammation
- Reduce injury/bruise (unbroken skin) – apply peppermint oil immediately to an injured area (not broken skin) – bruised shin, hit on the foot or hand – to relieve pain. If there’s cut, apply around but not on the open wound.
- Fever reducer – rub 3-4 drops on the bottoms of the feet to reduce fever
- Reduce itching – apply a few drops topically on unbroken skin to stop itching
- Nausea reliever – massage 3-4 drops on the abdomen to relieve nausea
- Migraine/Headache relief – rub 1-2 drops on the temples, forehead & on the back of the neck
- Concentration helper – diffuse 5-10 drops in the room or rub 2-3 drops under the nose to improve alertness & concentration
- Reduce travel sickness – rub 4 drops to the chest and stomach to alleviate travel sickness
- Food cravings craver – inhale the fragrance of peppermint oil to curb appetite & lessen the impulse to overeat
- Workout energizer - Inhale peppermint oil before a workout to reduce fatigue.
Blends well with : Basil, Benzoin, Black pepper, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Grapefruit, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram, Niaouli, Pine, Ravensara, Rosemary, Tea tree
PRECAUTION : Peppermint essential oil is non-toxic and non-irritant in low dilutions, but sensitization may be a problem due to the menthol content. It can cause irritation to the skin and mucus membranes and should be kept well away from the eyes.
It is best to always dilute Peppermint essential oil with a base or carrier oil, lotion or water before applying or spraying it to the skin and to refrain for applying it pure on the skin.
Our Essential Oils are 100% pure. However, we do NOT recommend the ingestion of essential oils. They are highly concentrated and have the capacity to cause serious damage if used internally without the necessary expertise required. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication or having a medical condition, consult a doctor before use.