Pure Lemongrass Essential Oil SOLD OUT
Botanical Name : Cymbopogon flexuous
Origin : India
Extraction : Extracted from the fresh or partly dried leaves by steam distillation
Scent : Lemony, sweet, fresh aroma with earthy undertones
Properties : Analgesic, anti-depressant, antimicrobial. antipyretic, antiseptic, astringent, bactericidal, carminative, deodorant, diuretic, febrifuge, fungicidal, galactagogue, insecticidal, nervine
Lemongrass grows in dense clumps that can grow six feet in height and four feet in width. It is native to warm and tropical regions, such as India, Southeast Asia and Oceania. It is used as a medicinal herb in India and it is common in Asian cuisine. In African and South American countries, it is popularly used for making tea.
Lemongrass essential oil is most often used in clinics & spas where it helps encourage relaxation and a general sense of well-being. Its ability to alleviate pain provides relief to sore joints & muscles, making it a popular option to use during aromatherapy massage. It’s popular homeopathic remedy for stress & sleeping disorders.
Benefits & Uses :
- Natural Deodorizer and Cleaner – add 2-4 drops to 100 ml water & use it as a mist or use an oil diffuser or vaporizer
- Promotes Skin Health – add 2-4 drops to shower gels, soaps, lotions to promote even & glowing skin
- Promotes Hair Health - massage 2-4 drops of lemongrass oil into your scalp for two minutes and then rinse, to strengthen your hair follicles to reduce hair loss or itchy & irritated scalp
- Stress and Anxiety Reducer – diffuse 5-10 drops or add 2-4 drops to lotion, coconut oil or shea butter
- Muscle Relaxer – rub diluted or 2-4 drops on your affected area or add 5-8 drops to foot bath
- Menstrual Cramp Relief – massage 2-4 drops on your stomach for cramp relief
- Headache Relief - massaging diluted or 2-4 drops on your temples and breathe in the relaxing lemony fragrance
- Fights the Flu and Colds – diffuse 5-10 drops, or rub 2-3 drops on your palm & inhale for relief
Blends well with : Benzoin, Chamomile, Cistus, Elemi, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Frankincense, Geranium, Juniper, Lavender, Neroli, Oakmoss, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang
PRECAUTION : Although some people may have an allergic reaction to Lemongrass essential oil, most people do not show an allergy when it is used in concentrations lower than 3%.
It is best to always dilute Lemongrass essential oil with a base or carrier oil, lotion or water before applying or spraying it to the skin and to refrain for applying it pure on the skin.
Our Essential Oils are 100% pure. However, we do NOT recommend the ingestion of essential oils. They are highly concentrated and have the capacity to cause serious damage if used internally without the necessary expertise required. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication or having a medical condition, consult a doctor before use.